Basic flying lesson
Currently this experience doesn't take place. However, you can book for a later moment. Vouchers bought after 1st of April 2020 are valid for 1,5 year automatically. More info about Corona
The Basic flying lesson in the sport plane is one of the most purchased experiences. And with a reason! It is the best way to get acquainted with flying.
Come to Lelystad or Midden-Zeeland for your flying lesson. In terms of the number of flight movements, Lelystad is the busiest Dutch airport after Schiphol. There's always a lot going on and you can enjoy watching all kinds of airplanes coming and going all day. Lelystad Airport is now a controlled airfield, which means that there is active air traffic control. Flying from Lelystad is therefore just like from a large airport. Airport Midden-Zeeland is a bit more compact and has a grass runway. Both airfields have a nice restaurant at the runway.
You will be flying in an advanced airplane that is fully equipped with the latest technology. This airplane is also lightweight and solid, which makes it extremely viable and responsive. Even the smallest motions on the flying wheel will cause an immediate effect. Therefore this is the perfect airplane for sport flying!
Are you ready to fly?
The flying school has a great view of the runway. Enjoy all the activity at the airport. That's the perfect way to get in the mood! Below you will find a kaart of the Netherlands on which it is indicated how far you can fly.
First of all you will hear some basic information about the principles of flying. The instructor will then go on to answer some of the most important questions, for example; how does an airplane stay in the sky? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and numerators for? Of course you'll have the time to get all your questions about flying answered. If you bring someone with you, he or she is also welcome to this briefing. So everyone will be informed about your experience in the sky. This is free of charge for you and your companion(s).
After this theoretic introduction you will accompany the flight instructor to the airplane. First you will both check that the plane is ready to depart. Then you will drive to the runway; also known as 'taxiing'. You will hear the flight instructor and the control tower through headphones. The instructor will ask the control tower permission to depart. And then it's time to fly! Apart from the landing, you will have the controls and be flying the plane yourself! Of course the instructor will guide you with everything. He will take over when you just want to enjoy the view or if you would like to take pictures or a video.
You decide how long the part in the plane takes. The minimum is 20 minutes but the longer, the more fun of course!
- We can also film the flight. You receive the video recording right away
- A surcharge applies for flying on weekends and public holidays
- We can send a gift package with the book "Theory of flying" and gift voucher by post to you. This way the fun can start right away! The booklet is only available in Dutch
Select the options when customizing your flying lesson.
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 8 years|
|Max. length||1.95 m|
|Above this length you won't be able to sit comfortably in the airplane.|
|Max. weight||105 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|Valid for||1.5 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Due to the Coronacrisis, our vouchers are valid for 1,5 years, which means an additional 6 months.|
|20 minutes||€ 109|
|30 minutes||€ 149|
|45 minutes||€ 199|
|60 minutes||€ 249|
|75 minutes||€ 299|
|90 minutes||€ 349|
|See all prices|
- Due to the Coronacrisis your voucher is valid for a longer period, which is 1.5 years. So you have plenty of time to make your appointment.
- This lesson is in a two person aircraft. There is only room for you and the instructor, no passengers can join
- The chosen time is the time in the plane. Allow about 40 minutes for theory, preparation and such
- Flying is only possible with sufficient visibility and when there is not too much wind
- Call the location on the day of your flight if we can fly safely. You will receive the number with your reservation
- Depending on the (weather) conditions and how busy it is there may be some delay
- Of course you are also welcome to come fly with a group! Please request a quote for this
- The lesson can also be given in English
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability
You can fly this far from :