Basic flying lesson Middenmeer
Ultralight is high tech business. For aviation they are comparable to what the Formula 1 means for the car industry. They are a playground for innovation. Ultralights may weigh up to 450 kg. That includes the crew, fuel and luggage! Hence, their constructors have a great incentive to keep the aircraft as light as possible. So it's no surprise that major developments like composite materials found their way from ultralights to the larger aircraft. Are you curious already? Come and fly with today's pioneers!
This flying lesson is available from Middenmeer. The airfield of Middenmeer is in the Northern part of North Holland, just above Amsterdam. It has a grass runway and is only open for the lightest category of airplanes. The airfield has a cosy restaurant only steps away from the airstrip, ready to enjoy all the action just in front of you.
High tech aircraft
You are going to take the controls of one of the most sophisticated airplanes of this moment, equipped with state of the art equipment. The plane is lightweight and thus very manoeuvrable. The slightest changes in input will have effect immediately. This makes it a very sportive plane to fly. You'll be amazed!
It's time to fly!
The experience starts with a briefing and introduction about the principles of flight. Your instructor will explain how a plane can fly, how you create lift. He will show how the controls work; the rudder, ailerons, flaps and elevator. He will show what all instruments in the flight deck are about. Of course there is ample time to ask all questions you have. If you have brought company, they're free to join the briefing.
This theoretical part takes about 20 minutes, independently from the flight time you chose.
After the briefing you'll be heading to the plane with your instructor. You'll check if the airplane is ready for departure and do some safety checks together. Then you taxi to the runway. Using your headset you can hear the instructor and the control tower. The instructor will ask for permission to depart and there you go! Once you're up in the air you'll get control of the airplane. You can fly everything yourself, except the last part of the landing. Of course the instructor will coach and assist you where needed. He's trained for and prepared to correct any mistake you might make while steering, so don't worry. If you want to hand over the controls and enjoy the views or take some pictures, you're very welcome to do so.
How long the flying lasts is up to you. The minimum is 45 minutes. But the longer, the more fun of course!
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 14 on|
|Min. height||1.45 m|
|Minimum height of the participant|
|Max. length||1.95 m|
|Maximum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||115 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|45 minutes||€ 209|
|60 minutes||€ 249|
|75 minutes||€ 319|
|90 minutes||€ 379|
|Cost Basic flying lesson Middenmeer|
- This flying lesson takes place in a two-seat airplane. Next to the student and instructors, no other people can join
- The flying time is off-blocks time. The actual time in the plane, with the motor running.
- Make sure you're at the airfield at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time for the preflight and boarding
- We fly only under visual conditions. If the visibility is too low or winds too strong, we have to reschedule your flight
- Please call on the day of your flight, you'll get the number of the on-site planner with the confirmation of your reservation
- There might be some delay on the airport due to weather conditions or congestion at the airport, please be a little flexible
- This lesson can be given in English as well
Click on the name to see how far you can fly in:
out of 5
5.0 out of 5
· September 2023
Ontzettend interessant en superleuk, instructeur Olaf was heel relaxed en duidelijk in zijn instructies, fijne vent!
- Modern goed uitgerust vliegtuig en locatie van het vliegveld ook top!
· August 2023
Amazing experience, totally recommend it. My instructor was very good, explaining everything but on the same not overwhelming me with too much information.
- -60min option
-Very good instructor
· July 2023
- Je kreeg de gelegenheid om zelf zo veel mogelijk te besturen, dat is best een verantwoordilijkheid. Verder was het vliegend personeel bijzonder attent, alsook de mensen van de brasserie. Top!
- Geen minpunten!
· March 2023
Super gaaf om een keer te doen. Echt de moeite waard!
- Toegankelijk, meteen zelf mogen vliegen, veel mogelijkheid tot vragen stellen
· October 2022
Super leuk echt een aanrader!
· July 2022
- Zelf deels de route bepalen!