Flight Lelystad - Texel
Do you want more than a standard flying lesson? Then fly together with an instructor from Lelystad to the beautiful Texel and back. Choose the two- or four-person plane. Then you can take two friends along too!
The flying lessons are flown from Lelystad. In terms of flight movements this is the busiest airport in the Netherlands after Schiphol. There is always plenty of activity and you can enjoy all kinds of planes that are constantly flying back and forth. This will make you look forward to your own flying lesson even more.
You fly from the polder to a tourist island with lots of nature. The Texel airport has a grass runway with a cosy terrace next to it. The whole day there is a lot of activity, including parachutists.
Ready for take-off?
After take-off from Lelystad, you set course for the IJsselmeer. You will fly along the Houtribdijk, over Enkhuizen and via the naval base of Den Helder towards Texel. Once you have arrived at Texel Airport, join the instructor on the terrace. There you will go over the outward flight and the return flight will be prepared. This takes about 30 minutes in total. Afterwards, you get back into the plane and fly back to Lelystad.
Two- or four-seater aircraft
This flight lesson is held in a two- or four-seater aircraft. In the four-seater aircraft, a maximum of two passengers can fly with the student. On Texel you can swap places with one of the passengers. This way one person flies the outward journey and someone else the return journey. You do not pay extra for the passengers; the prices are the total for the plane. You are the only ones who fly with us
You start with an explanation of the basics of flying. The instructor will answer important questions in this 'briefing'. How does an aircraft stay in the air? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and gauges for? Of course, you can also ask all your questions. Are you coming to the flying school together with your partner, friend and/or family member? Then he/she is also allowed to be present. Then you all know what you will experience in the air. You do not have to pay extra for this. Of course, this also applies to the passengers.
The theory part takes about 20 minutes.
After the theory part, you will go to the aircraft with the instructor. First, you check together whether the aircraft is ready for departure. Then you drive to the runway, this is called taxiing. Through the headphones you can hear the instructor and the control tower. The instructor asks permission from the control tower to take off. And then the moment has arrived! In the air, you can fly the plane yourself. You can fly everything except the last part of the landing. Because of the distance you will travel, this is a unique experience. Of course, the instructor will help you with everything. He will take over if you want to look outside. Or if you want to make photos or a video.
The total duration of the arrangement is about 3 to 4 hours. The flight time from Lelystad to Texel is approximately 45 minutes there and 45 minutes back. The actual time depends on the air traffic and the wind. In addition, there is a minimum of one and a half hours for the briefing, debriefing and various preparations.
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Persons||1 - 3|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 8 on|
|Max. length||2.05 m|
|Maximum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||240 kg|
|Maximum total weight of student and passengers, excluding the instrutor.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|2 seat plane||€ 499|
|4 seat plane||€ 549|
|Cost Flight Lelystad - Texel|
- Flights are only allowed when there is sufficient visibility and when the wind is not too strong.
- A maximum total weight (for student and passengers together) of 240 kg applies to the four-seater aircraft. And a maximum length of 2.05 m. For the two-seater aircraft this is 100 kg and 1.95 m.
- After arrival in Lelystad, the student receives a logbook with the first flight hours.
- On the day of your lesson, call the location to find out if it is safe to fly. You will receive the phone number with your reservation
- Depending on the (weather) conditions and crowds at the airport, the agreed times may be slightly longer.
- The lesson can also be given in English
- Due to the high fuel prices, there is currently a fuel surcharge of € 42 (4 person plane) or € 15 (2 person plane). You can pay this at the flight school when you come to fly.
- For weekends and holidays there is a surcharge of € 15 per flight. You can pay this at the flight school when you come to fly.
From Lelystad Airport (EHLE) to Texel International Airport (EHTX) and back.
Distance between these airfields is approximately 47 NM (86 km)
out of 5
4.7 out of 5
· August 2022
Was heel gaaf om te doen.
· July 2022
Fantastische vlucht gemaakt van Lelystad naar Texel. Op de landingen na volledig zelf mogen vliegen. Alle checklisten afgelopen en zelf alles mogen instellen. Leuke jonge instructeur.
- Alles zelf mogen doen.
· May 2022
De vliegles naar Texel en weer terug was super. Heel erg leuk. Na een korte uitleg met de instructeur naar Texel gevlogen en daar samen met de instructeur wat gegeten en gedronken. En weer teruggevlogen. Wij waren met zn drieën, 1 heeft heen en 1 heeft teruggevlogen. Super leuke dag en ervaring.
- Het zelf vliegen en op aanwijzingen de knoppen bedienen.
· May 2022
Een geweldige ervaring om zelf te vliegen van Lelystad naar Texel, en weer terug. Leuk contact met de instructeur.
- Zelf opstijgen, navigeren en manouvreren.
- Zachtere stoel/zitvlak in de cockpit.
· April 2022
Een mooie vlucht naar Texel en terug, met uitgebreide uitleg, demonstratie.
- Het vliegen en met name de instructie was fantastisch, erg veel zelf kunnen doen.
- De communicatie vooraf kan duidelijker, bij de aanmelding is het handiger om aan te geven hoeveel leerlingen c.q. passagiers er mee kunnen.
· February 2022
Het was een super leuke Ervaring!
- Goede en leuke instructeur, veel gezien en geleerd! Ik kan het iedereen aanraden! Op en neer naar Texel was ern ervaring om nooit te vergeten.
- Niks om op aan te merken