Helicopter with passengers
Take a seat behind the control stick of a helicopter. Experience how it is to fly yourself in a helicopter. This flying lesson is flown in a Robinson R44. This is a four-person flying aircraft. So, in addition to the student, there can also be one or two passengers with the flying lesson. In consultation with the instructor, you determine where you are flying. Below you will find a kaart of the Netherlands indicating how far you can fly.
The flying lesson is flown from Lelystad. In terms of number of flight movements the second busiest Dutch airport. There is a cozy restaurant at the airport with fantastic views of the runway. There is always plenty of activity and you can enjoy all kinds of aircraft that fly continuously. That way you get even more in the mood for your own flying lesson.
Flying in a helicopter is unique! Only helicopters can be completely suspended in the air. The view from a helicopter is fantastic. However, they are very complex machines. That makes the construction and maintenance expensive. That is why flying lessons on a helicopter are more expensive than on other aircrafts.
Ready for take off?
The reception at the flight school is with a nice cup of coffee, tea or a soft drink. You have a great view of the runway. Enjoy your drink and all the planes at the airport.
You start with an explanation about the basis of flying. The instructor answers important questions in this 'briefing'. How do you control a helicopter? What are all buttons and indicators for? You learn about the main and tail rotor. How you can operate it with the collective, cyclic and the foot control. Of course you can ask all your questions yourself. Do you come to the flight school with your partner, friend and / or family member? Then he / she may of course also join. Then you all know what you are going to experience in the air. You do not have to pay extra for this. Of course this also applies to the passengers.
The theoretical part always takes about 30 minutes, regardless of the length of time you choose for the flight.
After the theory you go to the helicopter with the instructor. First you check together whether the helicopter is ready for departure. Then you taxi to the start of the runway, as the helicopter does not have wheels this is happening while flying. You can hear the instructor and the control tower through the headphones. The instructor asks permission from the control tower to take off. And then you go into the air! You can control the helicopter yourself in the air. You can fly everything yourself except the last part of the landing. Of course, the instructor helps you along the way. He will take over if you want to look outside. Or if you want to take some photos.
You choose yourself how long the practical part lasts. The minimum is 20 minutes. But the longer, the more fun of course!
- We can send the booklet "Helicopter flying theory, how does a helicopter fly?" and the gift voucher by post to you. This way the fun can start right away! The booklet is only available in Dutch
- A surcharge applies for flying on weekends and public holidays
Select the options when customizing your flying lesson.
|Persons||1 - 3|
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 15 years|
|Max. length||2.10 m|
|Above this length you won't be able to sit comfortably in the airplane.|
|Max. weight||255 kg|
|Maximum total weight of student and passengers, excluding the instrutor.|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|30 minutes||€ 449|
|45 minutes||€ 649|
|60 minutes||€ 849|
|75 minutes||€ 1,049|
|See all prices|
- This is a four-person helicopter. In addition to the student and instructor, you can take one or two passengers
- The prices are the total for the helicopter, including any passengers. You are the only ones on board
- The maximum total weight excluding instructor is 255 kg. In addition, there is a maximum of 130 kg per person
- The chosen time is the time in the helicopter. Allow about 45 minutes for theory, preparation and such
- Children from the age of 10 can travel as a passenger when accompanied by an adult
- Flying is only possible with good weather conditions: good visibility, not too much wind
- Call the planner the day of your lesson if we can fly safely. You will receive the telephone number after booking
- This flying lesson can also be taken in English
AvailabilityClick on a day to check availability
You can fly this far from :