Cessna flying lesson Lelystad
Do you want to fly in the most famous small plane in the world? The Cessna 172 is a four-seat aircraft, so you can bring two friends along too!
This flying lesson is flown from Lelystad. In terms of number of flight movements, Lelystad is the busiest Dutch airport after Schiphol. Lelystad Airport is nowadays a controlled field, this means that air traffic control keeps an eye on everything. Therefore, flying from Lelystad is just like flying from a major airport. All fields have a cozy restaurant on the runway. There is always plenty of activity and you can enjoy all kinds of aircraft constantly flying off and on. This will make you look forward to your own flying lesson even more.
Flying lesson with friends
This Cessna 172 is used all over the world. It has been in production since the 1950s. And with 43,000 units, this is the best-selling plane ever. Almost every pilot has flown in it at one time or another. It is also the most widely used training plane.
The plane is so popular because it is pleasant and fine flying. This is because of the space inside, for example. Even if you are a bit taller or heavier, you can sit comfortably in it. The wings of the Cessna are on top. This gives you a great view and you can take the best pictures during the flight. Besides you and the instructor, two passengers can come along. This makes the package, per person, one of the most advantageous. Who are you going to impress with your flying skills?
The Cessna is very suitable to look around from. For example, you can fly over the Dolfinarium. Or have you always wanted to see your own street from the air? At the bottom of this page you will find a map of the Netherlands, where you can see how far you can fly.
The time has come!
From the flight school you have a great view of the runway. Enjoy the hustle and bustle of the airport. This will get you in the mood!
You start with an explanation of the basics of flying. The instructor will answer important questions in this 'briefing'. How does an airplane stay in the air? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and gauges for? Of course you can also ask all your questions. Are you coming to the flight school together with your partner, friend and/or family member? Then he/she is also allowed to be present. Then you all know what you will experience in the air. You do not have to pay extra for this. Of course, this also applies to the passengers.
The theory part always takes about 20 minutes, regardless of the time you choose for the practical part.
After the theory part you go with the instructor to the plane. First you check together whether the aircraft is ready for departure. Then you drive to the runway, this is called taxiing. Through the headphones you can hear the instructor and the control tower. The instructor asks permission from the control tower to take off. And then the time has come! In the air you can fly the plane yourself. You get to fly everything yourself except the last part of the landing. Of course the instructor helps you with everything. He will take over if you want to look outside. Or if you want to make photos or a video.
How long the practical part takes you choose. The minimum is 20 minutes, but the longer, the more fun of course!
The Cessna can accommodate 1 student and 2 passengers. During the flight you can not swap seats. If several people want to fly we will make a stopover. In that case book 2 separate flight lessons: choose 2 gift certificates when paying. We can then schedule them one after the other.
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Persons||1 - 3|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 14 on|
|Max. length||2.05 m|
|Maximum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||240 kg|
|Maximum total weight of student and passengers, excluding the instrutor.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|20 minutes||€ 159|
|30 minutes||€ 209|
|45 minutes||€ 259|
|60 minutes||€ 309|
|75 minutes||€ 385|
|90 minutes||€ 465|
|Cost Cessna flying lesson Lelystad|
- The Cessna is a four-person aircraft. So, in addition to the student, you can take one or two passengers with you
- The prices are the total for the plane, including any passengers. You are the only ones on board
- The chosen time is the time in the plane. Count on about 40 minutes for theory, preparation, etc.
- There will only be flown in daylight, with sufficient visibility and if it is not too windy
- On the day of your lesson, call the location to find out if it is safe to fly. You will receive the phone number with your reservation
- Lessons are flown between 9.00 and 18.00 hours
- Depending on the (weather) conditions and crowds at the airport, the agreed times may be a little later
- The lesson can also be given in English
- The flying lessons are given in a Cessna or an equivalent 4 person aircraft, such as a Socata TB9 or Fuji FA200.
- Is the student younger than 14 years old? Then please contact us about the possibilities
- Due to high fuel prices, there is currently a fuel surcharge of €28 per flight hour. If you fly shorter, it is less, so for example € 14 for a half hour flight. You can pay this at the flight school when you come to fly.
- For weekends and holidays there is a surcharge of € 15 per flight. You can pay this at the flight school when you come to fly.
Click on the name to see how far you can fly in:
out of 5
4.8 out of 5
· June 2022
- De pilote
· June 2022
Geweldig! Cadeau gedaan voor mijn man en ook hij vond het geweldig. Uiterst vriendelijke piloot/instructeur die alles keurig en duidelijk uitlegde.
- Vriendelijk personeel, duidelijke uitleg en een geweldige en unieke ervaring.
- Geen minpunten.
· May 2022
Fantastisch! Super leuk om zelf die knuppel vast te mogen houden en het vliegtuig te besturen.
- Zelf vliegen
- Geef aan hoe ver je ongeveer kunt vliegen in een bepaalde tijd. Had graag over mijn huis gevlogen.
· May 2022
- Het gevoel dat het toestel teruggeeft is bijzonder.
Je voelt echt wat je doet.
- Zou het zo niet weten.
· May 2022
We had an amazing time, definitely will come again.
- Our instructor Isabel was super nice and knowledgeable.
- The flight was too short, literally flew away :) Have to come again :)
· May 2022
Helemaal top! Zeker om nog een keer te doen
- Veel zelf gestuurd, bekwame piloot