Cessna flying lesson Lelystad
Would you also like to fly in the world's most famous small plane? The Cessna 172 is a four-seater aircraft, so you can take two friends with you too!
This flying lesson is flown from Lelystad. In terms of flight movements, Lelystad is the busiest Dutch airport after Schiphol Airport. Lelystad Airport is nowadays a controlled field, which means that air traffic control keeps an eye on everything. Flying from Lelystad is therefore just like flying from a major airport. There is always plenty of activity and you can enjoy all kinds of aircraft constantly flying to and fro. This will make you feel even more like taking your own flying lesson.
Flying lessons with friends
This Cessna 172 is used all over the world. It has been in production since the 1950s. And with 43,000 units, it is the best-selling plane ever. Almost every pilot has flown in it. It is also the most widely used teaching aircraft.
The plane is so popular because it flies pleasantly and finely. This is because of the space inside, for instance. Even if you are a bit taller or heavier, you can sit comfortably in it. The wings of the Cessna are at the top. This gives you a great view and allows you to take the most beautiful photos during the flight. Besides you and the instructor, two passengers can come along. This makes the package, per person, one of the cheapest. Who are you going to impress with your flying skills?
So the Cessna is great for looking around from. You can, for instance, fly over the Dolfinarium. Or always wanted to see your own street from the air? At the bottom of this page, you will find a map of the Netherlands, showing you approximately how far you can fly.
The time has come!
From the flight school, you have a great view of the runway. Enjoy all the hustle and bustle at the airport. This will get you in the mood!
You start with an explanation of the basics of flying. The instructor answers important questions in this 'briefing'. How does a plane stay in the air? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and gauges for? Of course, you can also ask all your questions yourself. Are you coming to the flight school together with your partner, friend and/or family member? Then of course he/she can be here too. Then you will all know what you are going to experience in the air. You don't have to pay extra for this. Of course, this also applies to the passengers.
The theory part always lasts about 20 minutes, regardless of the length of time you choose for the practical part.
After the theory part, you go to the aircraft with the instructor. First, you check together that the aircraft is ready for departure. Then you drive to the runway, this is called taxiing. Through the headphones, you can hear the instructor and the control tower. The instructor asks the control tower for permission to take off. And then that's it! In the air, you get to fly the plane yourself. You get to fly everything yourself except the last part of the landing. Of course, the instructor helps you with everything. He takes over from you when you want to have a nice look outside. Or if you want to take photos or a short film.
How long the practical part lasts is up to you. The minimum is 20 minutes, but the longer, the more fun of course!
The Cessna can carry 1 student and 2 passengers. You cannot swap seats during the flight. If several people want to steer we will make a stopover. In that case, book 2 separate flying lessons: choose 2 gift vouchers when paying. We can then schedule those one after the other.
|This experience is available in these languages.
|1 - 3
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.
|From 14 on
|Minimum height of the participant
|Maximum height of the participant
|Maximum total weight of student and passengers, excluding the instrutor.
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.
|Cost Cessna flying lesson Lelystad
- The Cessna is a four-seater aircraft. In addition to the student, you can therefore take one or two passengers with you
- The prices are the total for the plane, including any passengers. You are the only ones on board
- The time chosen is the time in the plane. Allow about 40 minutes for theory, preparation and so on
- We only fly in daylight, with sufficient visibility and if the wind is not too strong
- On the day of your lesson, call the location to see if we can fly safely. You will receive the phone number with your booking
- Lessons are flown between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Depending on (weather) conditions and crowds at the airport, agreed times may be delayed slightly
- Lessons can also be given in English
- Flying lessons are given in a Cessna or an equivalent 4-person aircraft, such as a Socata TB9 or Fuji FA200
- A maximum weight of 110kg per person applies for the Cessna flying lesson Lelystad.
- Is the student younger than 14 years? Then please contact us about the possibilities
- For gift vouchers sold before 16 January 2023, a fuel surcharge applies in Lelystad. If you buy your gift voucher now, the fuel surcharge is included in the price. The surcharge only applies to Lelystad and is €12 per flight hour. If you fly for a shorter time it is less, so for example €6 for a half-hour flight.
- At this location, identification is required; please bring your ID card or passport. A driving licence is not sufficient at this location
- For weekends and holidays there is a surcharge of € 15 per flight. You can pay this at the flight school when you come to fly.
Click on the name to see how far you can fly in:
out of 5
4.8 out of 5
· February 2024
Great great experience... can't wait to do it again! Highly recommended!
- Awesome people and outstanding service!
· January 2024
De vliegles was een cadeau voor onze 14-jarige zoon. Hij vond het in één woord geweldig! Zijn droom is om later piloot te worden en dus was dit een schot in de roos. Hij heeft genoten en wij, achterin, ook.
- Hij mocht heel veel zelf doen. De instructeur was erg vriendelijk, geduldig en duidelijk.
· October 2023
- Dat het weer altijd meespeelt maar ja daar kun je niks aan doen
· October 2023
Ik vond het super leuk om een relatief groot vliegtuig te mogen besturen en ik vond het ook erg leuk dat ik een paar bochten mocht maken dus over het algemeen erg geslaagde dag 👍🏻 En de turbulentie was wel erg grappig om mee te maken was suuuper leuk
· October 2023
Super ! Echt een beleving. Een aanrader!
- Super gaaf
· October 2023
I had a great experience flying with Alexandra, I have a huge passion for aviation and have been doing flight simulation for years and years, so it was time to fly the real aircraft
Alexandra explained everything very well, gave me the controls on 1200 ft to experience the plane which was an amazing experience, she had the time also to show me other aircrafts after the flight and explain the PPL license requirements, I am excited to try another flight next sunday.
- Very very nice staff, everything was arranged perfectly, special thanks to the pilot Alexandra for how professional she is in flying and explaining everything
- Everything was great, I have nothing to mention here