A tandem jump is the way to get acquainted with parachuting (skydiving). You jump out of an airplane with an instructor from a height of 3 km (9,000 feet). For anyone who finds a normal tandem jump not extreme enough: jump from 13,000 feet! That is a whopping 4 kilometers. With this Extreme Skydive, the free fall lasts twice as long.
This adventure takes place on Texel, the largest Dutch Wadden Island. You have never seen our Wadden Islands in this way. Because of the varied landscape you always have a special view. Polders, sandy beaches, dunes, grasslands, heath and forest; Texel has it all. Parachuting is also available in Ameland, Hoogeveen, Breda and Midden-Zeeland.
Do you dare?
Skydiving cannot be compared to anything else. It is an unforgettable, sensational experience that you must do at least once. Almost all daredevils have it on their bucket list. A normal tandem jump is already a very cool experience. The Extreme Skydive takes it to the next level. Because you do not jump from 9,000 feet but from 13,000 feet, the free fall lasts a full minute! This extra high skydive is only available on Texel!
When you arrive at the airport you are immediately in the mood. There is always plenty of activity and you can enjoy all kinds of planes that are constantly taking off and landing. In addition, you will of course see many skydivers, you can admire their entire jump from start to finish. This way you will get more excited about your own jump!
You jump together with an experienced instructor, also known as a tandem master. This means you don't have to have any skydive experience yourself. You get a clear explanation before the jump, so you know exactly what is expected of you. Safety first of course. You put on an overall and a harness. And very trendy glasses. Otherwise you will not see anything because of the wind.
Skydiving from 9,000 feet
When everything is checked, you'll get on the plane and climb to a height of 3 kilometers. From there you have a beautiful view. You will be attached to the instructor and ready for the jump. The jump starts with a free fall. You achieve speeds of up to 200 km/h. This takes about half a minute and then the large parachute opens. You float down slowly on the parachute. Enjoy the view and listen to the sounds on the ground. It is a surreal experience. You make the perfect landing under the watchful eye of your family and friends.
Extreme Skydive from 13,000 feet
You follow almost the same program with the Extreme Skydive. At a height of 3 kilometers, the other skydivers prepare for the jump. Other tandem jumpers are attached to the instructor. The door opens, and you can see them jump out of the plane. Great to see! But you stay put. After you have 'dropped off' the first group at 3 kilometers, the door closes and the aircraft continues to climb. You see the wonderful world below you becoming smaller and smaller. And then it is time: 13,000 feet / 4 kilometers. You are attached to your tandem master and slide to the open door. Then you can clearly see how high 4 kilometer really is, you suddenly understand why it is called an Extreme Skydive.
And then: the jump. You fall as much as 60 seconds before the parachute opens. Texel is getting closer and closer at 200 kilometers per hour. Then the instructor opens the parachute and you calmly float down. All of a sudden everything is very calm and quiet. A huge contrast with the free fall.
You do not need any experience for the tandem jump or Extreme Skydive. You jump together with an experienced tandem master. He or she has already made thousands of jumps and keeps everything under control. There are a number of requirements regarding age, health and physique:
- you can skydive when you are about 8 years old. It is important that you fit properly in the harness, for this you must be at least 120 cm and have a normal posture
- under the age of 18, written permission from one of the parents is required
- there is no maximum age, as long as you are reasonably mobile and you meet the other requirements, you can still jump well beyond the retirement age
- skydiving during pregnancy is not recommended
- during landing it is important that you can raise your knees to your chest
To jump safely, there is a maximum weight of 100 kilos. This includes clothing and shoes, as you board the plane on the day of your tandem jump. If the circumstances are very favorable, people who are slightly over 100 kg can also jump. Please contact us for this.
Jump together with your friends?
It is of course super cool to share this experience with friends or family. You can usually jump out of the same plane. Up to 7 duos can join in the same plane. This does depend on the (weather) conditions. If you book multiple jumps in one order, you will (as much as possible) be planned in the same plane.
- You can also have this unique experience recorded by a cameraman (or woman). The cameraman films the briefing, on board the aircraft and the jump. He films the entire jump including the free fall and landing. Afterwards the images will be edited and you will receive a link to download them. The cameraman can film multiple skydivers of your party on the ground and on the plane. In the air he can only focus on one tandem. This option is only available in the summer season; from April to October.
- We can make a gift package with the booklet "Theory of flying?" and send it with a gift voucher by post to you. This way the fun can start right away! The booklet is only available in Dutch and shipping is only possible within the Netherlands.
Select the extra options when customizing your experience.
|Persons||1 - 7|
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 8 years|
|Max. weight||100 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|Free cancellation||Within 2 weeks|
They don't like the present? You may cancel the voucher in 14 days after purchasing.
See also: our return policy
|1 jump||€ 199|
|2 jumps||€ 389|
|3 jumps||€ 579|
|4 jumps||€ 769|
|5 jumps||€ 959|
|6 jumps||€ 1,149|
|7 jumps||€ 1,339|
|See all prices|
- Skydiving is only possible with good weather conditions: good visibility, not too much wind and no rain
- Call the planner the day of your jump if we can skydive. You will receive the telephone number after booking
- Depending on the (weather) conditions and how busy it is there may be some delays
- The total program takes approximately 2 hours
- At high altitude it is a bit colder than on the ground. You are so full of adrenaline that you don't even notice this
- You choose a time when making the reservation. This is the time at which you must be present to register
- Please request a quote if you want to skydive with more than 7 people
- This experience is also available in English