A tandem jump is the best way to get to know skydiving. You jump together with an instructor from a height of 3 km (9,000 feet) out of a plane.
You have never seen our Wadden Islands in this way. The plane takes off from Ameland Airport Ballum, near the village of Ballum. This is a small airport which is usually closed in winter.
Do you dare?
A parachute jump can't be compared to anything. It is an unforgettable, sensational experience that you must have. Almost all daredevils have it on their wish list. When you arrive at the airport, you are immediately in the mood. There is always plenty of activity and you can enjoy all kinds of planes that are constantly flying off and on. Of course, you will also see many skydivers; you can admire their entire jump from beginning to end. This will make you even more eager to make your own jump!
You will jump together with an experienced instructor, also known as a tandem master. This means that you don't need to have any skydiving experience yourself. You will receive a clear explanation before the jump, so that you know exactly what is expected of you. Everything is, of course, focussed on safety. You will be given an overall and harness. And a very cool pair of glasses. Otherwise you won't see anything because of the wind in your eyes.
Once everything has been checked, you get on the plane and climb to an altitude of over 3 km. From there, you have a wonderful view. You will be attached to the instructor and ready for the jump. The jump starts with a free fall. You will reach a speed of 200 km/h. This takes about half a minute and then the large parachute opens. You will slowly float down on the parachute. Enjoy the view and listen to the sounds on the ground. It is a surreal experience. Under the watchful eye of your family and friends, you make a perfect landing.
You do not need any experience for the tandem jump. You jump together with an experienced instructor (the tandem master). He or she has made thousands of jumps and keeps everything under control. There are some requirements regarding age, health and body type. These can be found under the headings specifications and remarks at the bottom of this page.
It is of course very cool to share this experience with a friend or family member. Usually you can jump together. From Ameland, 2 pairs can go up at the same time. The maximum number of pairs may be more or less on some days, depending on the availability of instructors and which equipment is used. Because of the maximum number of pairs per plane, you cannot order more than 2 jumps per gift voucher. If you want to come fly with more people on one day, you can of course order more than one gift voucher.
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Persons||1 - 2|
|Season||April to october|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 8 on|
|Min. height||1.20 m|
|Minimum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||95 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|1 person||€ 209|
|2 persons||€ 409|
|Cost Skydive Ameland|
- Jumping is only possible in good weather conditions: sufficient visibility, the wind not too strong and dry.
- On the day of your jump, call the location to find out if we can jump. You will receive the telephone number with your reservation.
- Depending on the weather conditions and the traffic on the field, the agreed times may be slightly longer.
- The total programme takes about 2 hours
- At three kilometres altitude it is cooler than on the ground. You are so full of adrenaline that you do not even notice it
- This experience can also be followed in English
- Jumping is possible from a minimum height of 120cm, but under 18s written permission from one of the parents is required
- There is no maximum age, as long as you have a reasonable condition and meet the other requirements, you can jump well beyond your retirement age.
- Skydiving during pregnancy is not recommended.
- Before landing it is important that you can pull your knees up to your chest.
- You can also have this unique experience filmed. These images are made with a camera on the instructor's hand. The preparation, the flight up and the jump are recorded. You will receive a link to download the footage afterwards.
- Each aircraft can accommodate 2 couples. If you want to fly with more people on one day, you can order more gift vouchers.
out of 5
4.9 out of 5
· September 2021
Het was geweldig meer beleving dan de eerste prong, echt iets om mee te maken!
- Super gaaf
· August 2021
Super! Een geweldige ervaring.
- Prettige begeleiding. Stelde je op je gemak.
· August 2021
Geweldig wauw,ze is over the moon
- TE GEK!!!!
- Heb me 11 cijferige code/bon nummer niet gehad uit eindelijk mocht ze wel springen maar hierbij de bon nummer is gebruikt mvg Dennie
Verder een belevenis die je gedaan MOET hebben
· August 2021
Wat een ontzettend leuk spelletje...
· July 2021
Parachute springen was iets wat ik al heel lang wilde, dit jaar kreeg ik een sprong van mijn man alvast voor mijn verjaardag. Wat een geweldig, onvergelijkelijk en fantastisch kado.
- Het allermooiste vond ik de skydive. Maar de vlucht naar boven met de prachtige uitzichten was ook zeer de moeite waard en natuurlijk de vlucht aan de parachute.
- Ik ben alleen maar positief, door mijn eigen fout had ik een verkeerde datum gereserveerd. Na een telefoontje werd alsnog op de dag ingepland die ik eigenlijk bedoeld had. Superservice!
· July 2021
- Het was nog even vliegen voor we gingen springen dus de ervaring was twee in één. Rondvlucht én tandemsprong. Begeleiding was rustig en duidelijk. Dat geeft vertrouwen.
- Jammer dat het na de sprong meteen klaar is. Het lijkt me leuk om met de instructeurs nog even wat na te praten alvorens we afscheid nemen