Trike flying is a form of hang-gliding, but with an engine. You often see the hang-gliders in the mountains, then people fly without a motor. With this variant you fly together with the pilot in the trike, with a propeller on the back.
A start is made on the border with Belgium and the Netherlands, just south of Terneuzen. You can fly across the border in no time and grab a piece of Belgium! It is very nice to make a nice flight over Zeeland Flanders or Northern Belgium. In consultation with the pilot you decide where you are flying. At the bottom of this page you will find a map, where you can see how far you can fly.
Flying a trike
Flying in a trike is very different than in an airplane. The trike is controlled with the handlebar; the triangular tube or trapeze. The large delta wing is hereby controlled by means of weight displacement. The open cockpit provides a great view and the relatively low speed of around 80 to 110 kilometers per hour gives the passengers plenty of time to enjoy the surroundings.
This form of flying is often compared to motorcycling. You sit in the open air, you feel the wind and you hear the sounds on the ground. All this gives a great feeling of freedom.
You always start the flight with a brief explanation and safety briefing. He talks enthusiastically about his passion and explains the basics of flying the trike. The pilot answers all your questions, he tells how the trike stays in the air and how it all works with the handlebar. This section takes about 10 minutes, regardless of how long you are going to fly.
When you have checked with the pilot whether the trike is ready for departure, it is time to go. You start from a grass court, which contributes to the feeling of freedom. You go faster and faster on the grass until you are suddenly free. It will surprise you how fast the trike climbs, this is due to the low weight in combination with the fairly powerful engine.
Because the trike flies relatively slowly and low you have a fantastic view. You can fly over nature reserves, a stretch along the coast or perhaps over your own house.
- We can send a gift package with the booklet "Theory of flying" and gift voucher by post to you. This way the fun can start right away!
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Season||March until october|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 10 years|
|Max. length||2.00 m|
|Above this length you won't be able to sit comfortably in the airplane.|
|Max. weight||100 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|20 minuten||€ 69|
|30 minuten||€ 99|
|40 minuten||€ 119|
|50 minuten||€ 139|
|See all prices|
- Due to the thermal, the first 3 hours after sunrise and the last 3 hours before sunset
- Afterwards you will receive a certificate with a drink to toast on your first trike flight
- The chosen time is the time in the trike. Allow about 20 minutes for the explanation and preparation and such
- Flying is only possible with sufficient visibility and when the wind is not blowing too fast
- Call the location on the day of your flight if we can fly safely. You will receive the telephone number with your reservation
- This package can also be followed by English speakers
AvailabilityClick on a day to check availability
You can fly this far in:
out of 5
5.0 out of 5
· October 2020 · Sas van Gent
Een geweldige mooie ervaring om zo vrij als een vogel boven het landschap te vliegen! Mooie uitzichten boven Zeeuws-Vlaanderen!
- Trikepiloot Eric is prettig in de omgang en het contact, vriendelijk, enthousiast en een ervaren vlieger!
- Ik kan niets bedenken.
Ulrich Vertessen (60)
· September 2020 · Sas van Gent
Super toffe ervaring. Lang op gewacht maar uiteindelijk een heel mooie vlucht gehad met perfect weer.
- Zeer aangename piloot ( Erik) en veel uitleg gekregen. Een aanrader.
from Den Helder
· August 2020 · Sas van Gent
Het was een geweldige ervaring om te trikevliegen. Ik kan het vrienden aanraden.
- Eric was een fijne piloot. Hij enthousiast en gedreven. Eric heeft ons voortdurend op de hoogte gehouden van de ontwikkeling van het weer en de vlucht.
- Die heb ik niet