A tandem jump is the way to get acquainted with parachuting (skydiving). You jump out of an airplane with an instructor from a height of 3 km (9,000 feet).
You have never seen our Wadden Islands in this way. The plane leaves from Ameland Airport Ballum, near the village of Ballum. This is a small airport which is usually closed in the winter. Skydiving on Ameland is possible from April to October. Parachuting is also available in Texel, Midden-Zeeland, Breda and Hoogeveen.
Do you dare?
A parachute jump cannot be compared to anything. It is an unforgettable, sensational experience that you must have done. Almost all daring people have it on their wish list. When you arrive at the airport you are immediately in the mood. There is always plenty of activities and you can enjoy all kinds of devices that are constantly flying to and from. In addition, you will of course see many skydivers, you can admire their entire jump from start to finish. This way you will get more excited about your own jump!
You jump together with an experienced instructor, also known as a tandem master. This means you don't have to have a skydive experience yourself. You get a clear explanation before the jump, so you know exactly what is expected of you. Everything is of course all about safety. You get an overall and harness. And you get to wear very trendy glasses. Otherwise you will not see anything because of the wind in your eyes.
When everything is checked, you'll get on the plane and climb to a height of 3 kilometers. From there you have a beautiful view of the Wadden Islands. You will be attached to the instructor and ready for the jump. The jump starts with a free fall. You achieve speeds of up to 200 km/h. This takes about half a minute and then the large parachute opens. You float down slowly on the parachute. Enjoy the view and listen to the sounds on the ground. It is a surreal experience. You make the perfect landing under the watchful eye of your family and friends.
You do not need any experience for the tandem jump. You jump together with an experienced instructor (the tandem master). He or she has made thousands of jumps and keeps everything under control. There are a number of requirements regarding age, health and physique:
- there is a maximum weight of 95 kg including clothing and shoes, as you go on the plane
- jumping is possible from approximately 8 years old. It is important that you fit properly in the harness, for this you must be at least 120 cm and have a normal posture
- written permission from one of the parents is required under the age of 18
- there is no maximum age, as long as you are reasonably mobile and you meet the other requirements, you can still jump well beyond the retirement age
- skydiving during pregnancy is not recommended
- before landing it is important that you can raise your knees to the chest
It is of course completely cool to share this experience with a friend or family member. You can usually jump together. From Ameland 2 duos can be skydive out of the same plane. Do you want to jump out of an airplane with more people? This is possible from Texel, Hoogeveen and Breda.
- You can also have this unique experience filmed. These images are made with a camera on the instructor's hand. The preparation, the flight up and the jump are recorded. You will receive a link afterwards to download the images.
- We can make a gift package with the booklet "Theory of flying, how does a plane fly?" and send a gift voucher by post to you. This way the fun can start right away! The booklet is only available in Dutch, and shipping is only possible within the Netherlands.
Select the options when customizing your jump.
|Persons||1 - 2|
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Season||April until october|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 8 years|
|Max. weight||95 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|Valid for||1.5 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Due the the Corona crisis, the vouchers for this experience are longer valid: one and a half year instead of one.|
|1 person||€ 209|
|2 persons||€ 409|
|3 persons||€ 609|
|4 persons||€ 809|
|5 persons||€ 1,009|
|See all prices|
- Due to the Coronacrisis your voucher is valid for a longer period, which is 1.5 years. So you have plenty of time to make your appointment.
- We can only skydive in good weather conditions: sufficient visibility, the wind is not too strong and dry
- Call the location on the day of your jump or we can jump. You will receive the number with your reservation
- Depending on the weather conditions and the busyness of the field, agreed times may end up somewhat
- The total program takes approximately 2 hours
- At a height of three km it is cooler than on the ground. You are so full of adrenaline that you don't notice this
- Request a quote if you want to jump with more than 5 people
- This experience can also be followed in English
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability
out of 5
5.0 out of 5
· October 2018 · Ameland
In een woord geweldig!!!
De vrije val
Duurde te kort
Jamiro of Vliegles.nl:Thx voor je review!
· September 2018 · Ameland
Het was echt fantastisch! Alles was super goed geregeld.
Super ervaring en leuke instructeur.