Helicopter sightseeing flight
Board a helicopter and enjoy stunning views on this scenic flight.
You will fly in a JetRanger Bell 206, one of the most famous helicopters in the world. There is room for 4 passengers.
You will take off from Knokke-Heist in Belgium. Depending on the chosen time, you can indicate your preference for the route.
Some examples of possible routes are:
- Within 20 minutes you will fly over the center of Bruges, Lissewege and over the port of Zeebrugge.
- Within 30 minutes you will fly over Damme, Bruges, the pier of Blankenberge, over the sea and over the port of Zeebrugge.
- Within 45 minutes you will fly over Bruges, the castle of Wijnendaele, Diksmuide, over the sea and over the port of Zeebrugge.
- Within 60 minutes you fly over the entire Flemish coastline.
- Within 75 minutes you fly over Maldegem, the port of Antwerp, Ghent and Bruges.
Flying in a helicopter is unique! Only helicopters can hover completely still in the air. The view from a helicopter is therefore fantastic. However, they are very complex machines. That makes them expensive to build and maintain. That is why sightseeing flights in a helicopter are more expensive than on other aircraft.
The time has come!
The pilot welcomes you at the heliport in Knokke-Heist.
You start with an explanation of the basics of flying. In this 'briefing', the pilot will answer important questions. How do you control a helicopter? What are all the buttons and gauges for? You will learn about the main and tail rotor, the collective, cyclic and the foot control. Of course you can ask all your questions. Are you coming with your partner, friend and/or family member? Then he/she is also welcome to join us. You do not have to pay extra for this.
The theory part always takes about 30 minutes, regardless of the time you choose for the flight.
After the theory part you go with the pilot to the helicopter. First you check together whether the aircraft is ready for departure. In consultation with the pilot you determine where you're flying to. You get in and put on your headphones. Through the headphones you can hear the instructor. And then it's time! During this flight you do not fly yourself. So you can enjoy the beautiful view. Of course you can take pictures or make a video.
How long the flight lasts is up to you. The minimum is 20 minutes. But the longer, the more fun of course!
© Photos: Annelies Bearelle
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Persons||1 - 4|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 15 on|
|Max. length||2.10 m|
|Maximum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||320 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|20 minutes||€ 615|
|30 minutes||€ 815|
|45 minutes||€ 1,129|
|60 minutes||€ 1,359|
|75 minutes||€ 1,559|
|Cost Helicopter sightseeing flight|
- Up to 4 passengers are allowed to fly with the helicopter.
- The chosen time is the time in the helicopter. Allow about 45 minutes for theory, preparation, etc.
- There will only be flown when there is sufficient visibility and when the wind is not too strong
- Call the location the day before your flight to see if it is safe to fly. You will receive the phone number with your reservation
- The pilot speaks English and Dutch
- Flights are conducted from Monday to Saturday
Click on the name to see how far you can fly in: