Paramotor flying course
Paramotor flying is one of the purest forms of flying. Under the screen (also called the wing) you fly with a small motor on your back. Completely open and free. During this introductory course you learn what it takes to get your paramotor license.
About paramotor flying
Paramotor flying is done with a screen, the wing, and the paramotor. Paramotor flying is possible with a foot start or with a trike. With the foot start you only have the motor on your back and you hang in a harness. With a trike you are in the trike, where the engine is on the back. The paramotor is a small motor of approximately 20 kilos. This allows you to easily take all things with you. It is the world's most compact aircraft. Because of the engine you can create your own lift so that you can gain altitude. This means that a mountain or winch is no longer necessary, such as with paragliding.
You follow this course in the Flevopolder. The exact location is determined depending on the (weather) conditions. After booking you will be informed about exactly where you are expected for the course.
The introductory course
During the course you will briefly treat the three components of the course. These components are: theory, ground training and flight training. You will become acquainted with all three of these components during this course of approximately 2.5 hours. After the basic principles have been treated on the ground, you conclude with a flying lesson of at least 20 minutes. This flying lesson is a tandem flight in a trike.
To obtain the pilot license for paramotor flying, you must follow theory for 7 subjects and take 7 exams. The main points are discussed during the introductory course. The theory is subdivided into: flight technology, aerodynamics, meteorology, paramotor & equipment, rules & regulations, navigation and nature & environment.
To be able to safely go airborne, good ground training is required. This is mainly about becoming familiar with the material and how to keep the screen under control. During the lessons 'ground training' you learn how to operate the wing in all kinds of different scenarios.
The practical part of the introductory course consists of a tandem flight together with an instructor. During this flying lesson in the trike you experience the real paramotor flying and you feel the freedom.
You do not need any experience for the introductory course. You fly with an experienced instructor. There are a few things to keep in mind:
- Put on sturdy work or sport shoes and clothing in which you move easily. Wear something that can get dirty. You can stumble in the grass
- In terms of condition: you must be able to run a few steps and move easily
- During the flight it is no colder than on a bicycle
- The total program takes approximately 2.5 to 3 hours
The entire course
After this course you know exactly what it takes to get your paramotor license (PGL). If you fall in love with the sport and you register for the main course after the introductory course, you will get a refund of the introductory course.
- The concluding flying lesson takes at least 20 minutes, but the longer the more fun of course. You can extend the duration of the flight to 30 or even 45 minutes.
- We can read the booklet "Theory of flying, how does an airplane fly?" and send the gift voucher by post to you within the Netherlands. The booklet is only available in Dutch. This booklet fits best with the paramotor course. This way the fun can start right away!
You select the options in the [compile] (/ compile / paramotor) of the course day.
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 16 years|
|Max. length||2.00 m|
|Above this length you won't be able to sit comfortably in the airplane.|
|Max. weight||100 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|Course + 20 minutes flight||€ 139|
|Course + 30 minutes flight||€ 189|
|Course + 45 minutes flight||€ 239|
|See all prices|
- On thermal days, we fly the first 3 hours after sunrise and the last 3 hours before sunset
- Paramotor flying is only possible in good weather conditions: sufficient visibility, not too much wind and dry
- After booking you will be kept informed about the weather conditions and location via WhatsApp
- This course can also be followed in English
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability