Drone flying lesson Almere
Avoid damage and high fines
Since 2021, you need a certificate to fly a drone. The fines for flying without a certificate are not mild, up to €8,700. This flying lesson will prepare you to get your drone certificate.
In 1 lesson, you will learn in practice everything you need to know to get your certificate. You will learn how to prepare your flight, where you are allowed to fly and emergency procedures for when something goes wrong. For example, if you lose sight of your drone. In short: this training will pay for itself.
Who is this training for?
This flying class is for anyone who:
- is going to buy a drone
- wants to learn how to fly a drone
- already has some experience with a drone but wants to fly more confidently
- needs a certificate for licence A1, A2 or A3
This flying lesson is held at one of our practice sites near Almere. Flying is always done in rural areas. We need space for the flying lesson. Besides, you don't want to attract a crowd. At the bottom of this page you will find a map with all locations.
The class will be flown with drones from DJI. You will fly a DJI Mavic Pro or the DJI Mavic 2 pro. The lesson drones have dual controls. The instructor can demonstrate manoeuvres during the lesson but can also take over control should things threaten to go wrong. Our fully certified instructors have extensive experience with drones but also in 'real' aviation.
You start with an explanation of the basics of drone flying. The instructor answers the key questions. How does a drone stay in the air? How do the controls work? What are the rules for flying a drone? What is involved in flight preparation? Of course, you can also ask all your questions yourself.
The lesson is tailored to the student's knowledge and experience. Of course, it also strongly depends on how long the lesson lasts. During a lesson of up to 90 minutes, for example, we will cover:
- assembling the drone
- start-up and calibration
- taking off and flying out
- basic manoeuvres, such as:
- flying straight ahead
- making smooth turns
- descending and landing
Lessons of 45 and 60 minutes stick to the absolute basics. For beginners, we recommend lessons from 90 minutes. So that there is also time for e.g:
- emergencies (such as GPS or video stream failure)
- steering before the wind (with and without GPS)
- making a turn around an object
- climbing and descending at speed
- using the camera
Flying your own drone
Do you already have your own drone? Bring it along to the flying lesson! After flying the basics with the lesson drone, the rest of the Drone flying lesson can be flown with your own drone. This is the best way to refine your mastery of your own drone. For flying the basics with the lesson drone, and then refining your skills with your own drone, we recommend a lesson from 120 minutes.
All lessons are private lessons. So the instructor has all the time for your training. Choose how long the lesson lasts. The minimum is 45 minutes. But the longer, the more instructive of course! Want to fly together with your partner, friend? That's always allowed. Just make sure your lesson lasts at least 45 minutes times the number of participants.
- Use of our professional drone with dual controls
- As a souvenir, you get a selfie with you and the instructor, made with the drone
Certificate & Flying license
From 2021, a licence to fly will be mandatory if your drone weighs more than 250 grams. We prepare you in theory and practice for the new 2021 drone rules. You can take the online exam right through us. If you pass, you will receive a certificate with which you can apply for the pilot's licence at the RDW. You can then apply for the flying licence at the RDW, for which you pay the costs (€10) directly.
There are 2 types of examinations you can take. Content and costs differ according to the category in which you want to fly:
- There is a flying licence in which you can only fly in categories A1/A3. That is for drones of 250 to 500 grams that you don't fly near people (A1). And for flying far outside populated areas with a drone up to 25 kg (A3).
- The second option is a flying licence for all categories A1, A2 and A3. If you want to fly closer to people with a drone up to 2 kg, you also need category A2.
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Persons||1 - 4|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 8 on|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|45 minutes||€ 119|
|60 minutes||€ 139|
|90 minutes||€ 179|
|120 minutes||€ 219|
|150 minutes||€ 259|
|180 minutes||€ 299|
|Cost Drone flying lesson Almere|
- Suitable as preparation for the new drone regulations
- During a flying lesson you can switch students, please do keep a minimum of 45 minutes per student
- The link to the online exam is valid for 1 month.
- The flying lesson is always a private lesson, there are no other participants.
- Pets are not allowed on the take-off and landing area
- There will be no flying in poor visibility, strong wind (higher than wind force 4), cold or precipitation. In winter, unfortunately, we rarely give this lesson
- On the day of your lesson, please call the location to check whether we can fly safely. You will receive the phone number with your booking
- This lesson can also be taught in English. The online exam is only available in Dutch
out of 5
4.9 out of 5
· September 2023
Het was precies zoals ik had gehoopt dat het zou zijn. Vlieginstructeur Rodney is vriendelijk, rustig en legt alles perfect uit. En hij nam uitgebreid de tijd voor me. Ik ben alleen maar enthousiaster geworden.
- Het mooie weer en Rodney: nogmaals dankjewel!
· September 2023
Het was super en de tijd "vloog" voorbij.
Door de vliegles ben ik overtuigd geraakt en wil nu een drone aanschaffen om lekker te kunnen vliegen en hobbymatig foto`s en video's te kunnen maken.
- Rodney was super geduldig en gaf stap voor stap structureel goede uitleg.
Berkel en Rodenrijs
· August 2023
Super leuke dag gehad, Rodney is een super trainer.
- Dat je na goede uitleg onmiddellijk mag gaan vliegen. We zijn zo enthousiast dat we ons certificaat willen gaan halen.
- Tja de oudere tegen de jongere, ik was samen met mijn zoon en die kon natuurlijk als gamer mij eruit vliegen.
· July 2023
Leuk en leerzaam. Mijn doel was om uit te vinden of dit een uitbreiding van mijn hobby (fotograferen) kan zijn.
- Mooie combinatie van theorie en praktijk.
- Niets. Alles prima.
· June 2023
het was geweldig
- Ik wil graag mijn instructeur RODNEY bedanken ik heb veel van hem geleerd wil ik ook hem bedanken voor het vriendelijkheid
- Heb ik niet
· September 2022
Prima ervaring om voor de eerste keer kennis te maken met het vliegen met een Drone.
- Instructeur geeft duidelijke, heldere uitleg.
- Geen, Les voldeed aan de verwachting