Currently this experience doesn't take place. However, you can book for a later moment. Vouchers bought after 1st of April 2020 are valid for 1,5 year automatically. More info about Corona
Gliding is perhaps the purest form of flying. With a cable, the aircraft is pulled up to 400 meters in just a few seconds: a sensation in itself! The aircraft is perfectly streamlined so that it can float far.
Gliding can be done in Terlet, north of Arnhem and in the Salland region, east of Zwolle. At both airports there is a nice restaurant. From the terrace you have a beautiful view of the airfield. There is always plenty of activity and you can enjoy all floats that fly continuously. This way you look forward even more to your own flight.
The gliding in Terlet offers a fantastic view of the Veluwe, Arnhem, the Rhine and IJssel and in good weather even Apeldoorn is visible!
From Salland you fly on the east side of the IJssel, above the Overijssels landscape with a beautiful view of the Vechtdal. The Lemelerberg is nearby and towards the south you can see the Holterberg when the weather is clear.
At the bottom of this page you will find a map with the locations.
Gliders can also climb
What you may not have known is that a glider can also climb! That works like this: the sun warms up the earth. The earth in its turn warms the air directly above the ground. That warm air rises. Compare it with air bubbles in a glass of cola. Gliders are looking for these rising air bubbles. Sandy soil, for example, emits a lot of warm air. By flying above it, the aircraft can climb with the rising air. We call that thermic. The sport of gliding is therefore to find thermals and fly long and far. Some even continue throughout Europe with competitions. Because the glider does not have a motor, you feel as free as a bird. No engine noise; the ultimate silence! Gliding is also a real team sport. You will be welcomed on the day at the glider club, run by volunteers. You will be amazed at how many people are needed to be able to fly. In addition to your pilot, you will need a lot of people to get your aircraft in the air and return safely.
Upon arrival you will be picked up and taken to the runway. From the starting point you can see the gliders coming and going. That way you're already in the mood!
You get a short explanation about the gliding. Then you get a parachute. This is not because of safety but because the passenger seat is made for a passenger with a parachute. With a winch cable you are pulled up to a height of about 400 meters. This is going at a great speed. You are pressed in the back of your chair. The glider sensation has started!
Once at the right height, the pilot disconnects the cable and the aircraft floats further. The aircraft will slide down by about 1 meter per second. Sometimes your pilot will find a nice thermo bubble and you can climb higher and hover longer. Unfortunately, we do not control that ourselves. So it may be that you are back on the ground after 10 minutes.
- Order multiple takeoffs if you want to fly multiple times or with several people. The flights do not have to be made by the same person, but do need to take place on the same day
- We can send a gift package with the booklet "Theory of flying" and gift voucher by post to you. This way the fun can start right away! The booklet is only available in Dutch and shipping is only possible within the Netherlands
Select the options when customizing your experience.
Prefer to learn how to fly a glider plane? Then take a look at the Glider flying day course, you then make three training flights with an instructor.
|Persons||1 - 8|
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Season||April until september|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 8 years|
|Max. length||2.00 m|
|Above this length you won't be able to sit comfortably in the airplane.|
|Max. weight||100 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|Valid for||1.5 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Due to the Coronacrisis, our vouchers are valid for 1,5 years, which means an additional 6 months.|
|1 takeoff||€ 53|
|2 takeoffs||€ 106|
|3 takeoffs||€ 159|
|4 takeoffs||€ 212|
|5 takeoffs||€ 265|
|6 takeoffs||€ 318|
|7 takeoffs||€ 371|
|8 takeoffs||€ 424|
|9 takeoffs||€ 477|
|10 takeoffs||€ 530|
|See all prices|
- Due to the Coronacrisis your voucher is valid for a longer period, which is 1.5 years. So you have plenty of time to make your appointment.
- Gliding is seasonal and has limited capacity. Make your reservation well in advance
- Flying is only possible with sufficient visibility and little wind
- Call the location the day of your flight if we can fly safely. You will receive the number with your reservation
- The planes are for two people. One of those is always our pilot. So one person can fly along per plane
- This experience can also be given in English
- Of course you are also welcome to fly with a group! Please request a quote for this
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability