Multi-engine flying lesson
Always dreamt of flying in the most famous little airplane in the world? The Cessna 172 fits four people; so there's even room for two more friends besides you!
Come to Lelystad for your flying lesson. The airport here is used especially for small airplanes and has its own cosy restaurant. There's always a lot going on and you can enjoy watching all kinds of airplanes coming and going all day.
Enjoying with four people
This four-seater airplane is used all around the world. It has been in production since the fifties. With 43.000 sales it's the best sold airplane ever. Nearly every pilot has flown in this plane. It is also the most widely used plane for giving lessons.
It's no wonder that the Cessna 172 is very popular. Flying the Cessna is very comfortable and pleasant. One of the plusses is the amount of space inside. Even if you are quite tall or you have a heavy build, the seats still fit. As the wings are located at the top of the plane the view is amazing and it enables you to take beautiful pictures during the flight. The Cessna has room for four people. You and the flight instructor take two places, so you can bring along two other passengers. Therefore this experience is one of the most affordable on a per person basis. Who are you going to impress with your flying skills? The Cessna offers you great views of the land below. What about flying over the Dolfinarium? Or looking at your own street from the sky? Check the map below to see how far the Cessna can take you. Just click on the airport of departure.
Are you ready to fly?
The flying school has a great view of the runway. Enjoy all the activity at the airport. That's the perfect way to get in the mood!
First of all you will hear some basic information about the principles of flying. The instructor will answer some of the most important questions, for example; how does an airplane stay in the sky? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and numerators for? Of course you can also ask the questions you might have. Are you coming to the flying school with your partner, friend and/or relative? He / she is of course also welcome to this briefing. So everyone will be informed about their experience in the sky. Of course this is free of charge for you and your companion(s).
After this theoretic introduction you will accompany the flight instructor to the airplane. First you will both check that the plane is ready to depart. Then you will drive to the runway; also known as 'taxiing'. You will hear the flight instructor and the control tower through headphones. The instructor will ask the control tower permission to depart. And then it's time to fly! Apart from the landing, you will have the controls and be flying the plane yourself! Of course the instructor will guide you with everything. He will take over when you just want to enjoy the view or if you would like to take pictures or a video.
- A video of your flight. At the end of your flight experience you will get the memory card to take home with you.
- If you wish to fly with the instructor only in a twoperson airplane? That is also possible and is a bit cheaper. Check out the Basic flying lesson
|Persons||1 - 3|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 8 years|
|Max. length||2.05 m|
|Above this length you won't be able to sit comfortably in the airplane.|
|Max. weight||300 kg|
|Maximum total weight of student and passengers, excluding the instrutor.|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|Free cancellation||Within 2 weeks|
They don't like the present? You may cancel the voucher in 14 days after purchasing.
See also: our return policy
|30 minutes||€ 399|
|75 minutes||€ 449|
|45 minutes||€ 499|
|90 minutes||€ 549|
|60 minutes||€ 599|
- This flight experience is given in a four-seater airplane. Besides you and the instructor there will be room for one or two more passengers
- The time you have chosen for the flight experience will be spent in the plane. In addition, the theory, preparations and debriefing afterwards last for about 40 minutes
- Published prices are for the entire aircraft. There is no surcharge for passengers. Also, you are the only people on board, no others will join in
- Lessons are from 10 am till 6 pm (summertime) or till sunset (wintertime)
- Flying is only possible with good visibility and not too much wind. If the weather conditions are not sufficient, the school will contact you in time by telephone
- If you haven't heard from the flying school about the weather, please call them before you leave. The phone number will be mailed to you when you complete the reservation
- In the weekends and public holidays a surcharge of € 15 applies
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability
You can fly this far from :