Flight Zeeland - Breda/Texel
Do you want more than a standard flying lesson? Then fly with an instructor from Lelystad to the beautiful Texel and back again. Choose the two person or the four person plane. Then you can also bring two friends!
The flying lesson is flown from Lelystad. In terms of number of flight movements the second busiest Dutch airport. There is a cozy restaurant at the airport with fantastic views of the runway. There is always plenty of activity and you can enjoy all kinds of aircraft that fly continuously. That way you get even more in the mood for your own flying lessons.
You fly from Flevoland to a tourist island with lots of nature. The airport of Texel has a runway of grass, with a restaurant where you can sit outside. All day there is plenty of activity with small planes and skydivers.
Ready for take off?
After taking off from Lelystad you set course towards the IJsselmeer. You fly along the Houtribdijk, over Enkhuizen and via the naval base of Den Helder towards Texel. Once arrived at Texel Airport, join the instructor on the terrace. There you debrief and the return flight is prepared. That takes about 30 minutes in total.
Then you step back in the aircraft and fly back to Lelystad. If you have opted for a four-person aircraft, you can exchange places on Texel with one of the passengers. Then two people get the flying lesson.
You start with an explanation about the basis of flying. The instructor answers important questions in this 'briefing'. How does an aircraft stay in the air? How do the pedals work? What are all buttons and indicators for? Of course you can ask all your questions yourself. Do you come to the flight school with your partner, friend and / or family member? Then he / she may of course also join this. Then you all know what you are going to experience in the air. You do not have to pay extra for this. Of course this also applies to the passengers.
The theoretical part takes about 20 minutes.
After the theoretical part you will go to the plane with the instructor. First you check together whether the aircraft is ready for departure. Then you drive to the runway, this is called taxiing. You can hear the instructor and the control tower through the headphones. The instructor asks permission from the control tower to take off. And then you go! You can operate the plane yourself in the air. You can fly everything yourself except the last part of the landing. Because of the distance you travel, this is a unique experience. Of course the instructor helps with flying, if necessary. He will take over if you just want to look outside. Or if you want to take some photos.
The total duration of the arrangement is about 3 to 4 hours. The flight time from Lelystad to Texel is about 45 minutes and 45 minutes back. The actual time depends, among other things, on how busy it is in the air and the wind. In addition, you need at least 90 minutes for the briefing, debriefing and various preparations.
- After arrival in Lelystad, the student receives a logbook with the first flight hours;
- If you want, we can film the flight, for which a small additional charge applies
|Persons||1 - 3|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 8 years|
|Max. length||2.05 m|
|Above this length you won't be able to sit comfortably in the airplane.|
|Max. weight||260 kg|
|Maximum total weight of student and passengers, excluding the instrutor.|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|Free cancellation||Within 2 weeks|
They don't like the present? You may cancel the voucher in 14 days after purchasing.
See also: our return policy
|2 seat plane||€ 499|
|4 seat plane||€ 679|
- This flying lesson is in a four person aircraft. In the four-person aircraft, a maximum of two passengers can join the student
- There is no surcharge for passengers. The prices are the total for all occupants. You are the only ones flying along in the aircraft
- You can change places in Texel or Breda, without surcharge
- Flying is possible from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (summer time) or until sunset (winter time)
- Flying is only possible with good visibility and not too much wind. Call the flying school on the day of your lesson before you leave home, they can tell you if the weather is allow you to fly safely. The phone number will be mailed to you upon completing the reservation
- In the weekends and public holidays a surcharge of € 15 applies
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability
- From Zeeland to Texel and back; or
- From Zeeland to Breda and back