Flight Zeeland - Breda/Texel
For everyone looking for some more excitement than a normal flying lesson. Fly with an instructor from Midden-Zeeland to another airport. You can choose between a flight to the beautiful island of Texel or to Breda International Airport (Seppe). The lessons are flown in a four seat airplane. So you can bring two friends!
You will fly from the airport of Midden-Zeeland/Arnemuiden which is situated in the center of Zeeland. Midden-Zeeland is an airport with a grass strip. There is a lot of activity daily. All kinds of aircraft fly continuously.
Destinations are Breda or Texel. Texel is one of the Wadden Islands and attracts a lot of tourists that like to enjoy the surroundings. Texel also has a grass strip and there is a lot of activity at the airport. Breda is situated in the West of Brabant and has a concrete runway. Both fields have a restaurant where you can enjoy local foods and a great view on the runway.
Ready for departure?
After takeoff from Midden-Zeeland you'll head for the east or north. When heading for Breda, you'll cross the Oosterschelde and Bergen op Zoom. Heading to Texel you'll fly over Zeeland's islands and then along the coast. You can see the Maasvlakte and the huge seaport Rotterdam. Upon arrival you'll debrief the flight with your instructor, have some coffee and prepare the flight back. This will take about half an hour.
After that you'll get back to the plane for the return flight. If you wish, you can change seats with one of the passengers on the ground. This way, one of you can fly the way up and the other one back.
You'll start with some introduction about flying. The instructor will explain how a plane creates lift and can fly. Also, he will explain how the pedals work and what all meters and gauges are for. There is ample time to answer all the questions you have. If you bring your partner or a friend to the flying school, they are free to join when the briefing is held. This applies also to your passengers of course.
The theoretical part will take about 20 minutes.
After the theoretical part you'll check the airplane and taxi to the runway. Through the headset you can hear the instructor and the control tower. The instructor will ask for information and clearance for takeoff. After takeoff you get control over the airplane. You can fly everything yourself, except the last minutes of the landing. Because of the distance you are going to fly it is an unique experience. The instructor will assist you when needed. You can also ask him to take the controls you can make some pictures and enjoy the view.
The total duration of this experience is about 3 hours for Breda and about 4 to 5 hours for Texel. The flying time to Breda is about 30 minutes. For Texel it is about 80 minutes (one way). The actual time depends on traffic at the airports and wind speed/direction. Additionally, there is about 1,5 hour needed for the preparations and (de)briefings.
- Upon arrival in Midden-Zeeland the student will get his or her own logbook to log these first hours
- You'll get the gift package for free. This includes our theory book and a printed gift voucher. They are sent by normal mail. Please select it in the checkout. Note: the booklet is only available in Dutch
- If you wish, we can make a video recording of the flight for a small surcharge
|Persons||1 - 3|
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 8 years|
|Max. length||2.05 m|
|Above this length you won't be able to sit comfortably in the airplane.|
|Max. weight||260 kg|
|Maximum total weight of student and passengers, excluding the instrutor.|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|Free cancellation||Within 2 weeks|
They don't like the present? You may cancel the voucher in 14 days after purchasing.
See also: our return policy
|Breda International Airport||€ 499|
|Texel International Airport||€ 679|
- This flying lesson is in a four person aircraft. In the four-person aircraft, a maximum of two passengers can join the student
- There is no surcharge for passengers. The prices are the total for all occupants. You are the only ones flying along in the aircraft
- You can change places in Texel or Breda, without surcharge
- Flying is possible from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (summer time) or until sunset (winter time)
- Flying is only possible with good visibility and not too much wind. Call the flying school on the day of your lesson before you leave home, they can tell you if the weather is allow you to fly safely. The phone number will be mailed to you upon completing the reservation
- In the weekends and public holidays a surcharge of € 15 applies
- This flying lesson can also be given in English
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability
- From Zeeland to Texel and back; or
- From Zeeland to Breda and back