Basic course paragliding
Paragliding is perhaps the purest form of flying. Without a motor you float silently through the air. A surreal experience. During the courses you make one or more solo flights under radio supervision.
A winch starts. The winch is slowly overtaken and climbed to great heights.
You are expected in Almelo. From here you go with one of the other students to one of the winch fields in the area. The location varies slightly depending on the wind direction.
What are you going to do?
The day starts with the theory lessons in the morning. You get an explanation about the materials, terms used and rules that apply on and around the winch field. Of course, everything is about safety. After the theory part, it is time to practice 'dry'. You learn how to get the screen above you before starting. During the screen control lessons you learn how to hold the screen above you. You will be busy with these exercises until the afternoon. In between there are enough short breaks, because setting up the materials and recording all the information takes a lot of energy.
When you have sufficient screen control, it is time for the instruction flight. You go to one of the winch fields in the region. From afar you can see the brightly colored paragliders floating through the air. This way you will be in the mood!
You calmly go up a few meters and experience what happens when you are wound up. Several starts with the Basic courses; you are constantly being raised higher. You see and feel in practice what to do once you are in the air. Operating the screen in the air is just a little different than on the ground.
You will immediately fly solo during the courses. Of course under (radio) guidance from an experienced instructor. He or she helps you from the ground up with the entire flight. A very special experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life. You float all alone above the Dutch landscape. This is the time when many people fall in love with the sport. If you prefer, you can also start a tandem flight.
During the basic course you make 5 high solo flights, spread over two or three days. The number of course days depends on the student, the pressure on the field and the weather conditions. There is so much approaching the first day that it is nice to divide the course over several days.
You can choose from the one-day introduction day. You also make one flight. One step higher is the Basic Course with 5 training flights spread over two days. For the true fanatic there is the Basic course with 15 starts. That is the complete course for certification 1 winch.
The introduction day is an introduction to paragliding. It lasts one weekend day and includes:
- extensive theory
- practice 'dry' while hanging in the armor
- lesson in preparing and checking the flight equipment
- various exercises under the screen, such as steering and walking
- your 1st solo flight at the end of the day!
Paragliding basic course
The Basic course is much more advanced. The course lasts two days and contains the following theoretical components:
- more extensive theory about the take-off and landing procedure
- a taskbook with a detailed training plan
- theory book paragliding (e-book)
- 5 training flights
The basic course can be expanded to 15 starts. You then follow the complete training for the Brevet 1 winch. This is the first step on the way to independent paragliding. From Brevet 1 Lier you can pass for Brevet 2 Lier. You can independently paraglide with that certificate.
You do not need any experience for the courses. You fly under the guidance of an experienced instructor. There are a few things to keep in mind:
- Put on sturdy work or sport shoes and clothing in which you move easily. Put on something that can get dirty and that can take a beating. You can stumble into the meadow during take-off and landing
- in terms of condition: you must be able to run a few steps
- during the flight it is no colder than on a bicycle
- a flight takes approximately 10 minutes. Sometimes there are good thermal conditions and you stay in the air longer
- paragliding is an active sport. Sometimes it produces dirty clothes or a few bruises
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Season||March until november|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 14 years|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|1 extra person||€ 239|
|Basiscursus + Brevet 1||€ 499|
|See all prices|
- The voucher is not personal. Once the course has started, it is no longer possible to switch students
- Paragliding is only possible in good weather conditions: sufficient visibility, the wind is not too strong and dry
- Call the location on the day of your course if we can fly safely. You will receive the number with your reservation
- The courses start at 10.30 am
- The course can also be given in English
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability