Flying lesson Lelystad - Texel two-seater aircraft
Do you want more than a standard flying lesson? Then fly with an instructor from Lelystad to beautiful Texel and back again.
The flying lesson is flown from Lelystad. The busiest Dutch airport after Schiphol in terms of flight movements. There is always plenty of activity and you can enjoy all kinds of aircraft constantly flying to and fro. This will make you feel even more excited about your own flying lesson.
You fly from the polder to a tourist island with lots of nature. Texel Airport has a grass runway, with a cosy terrace next to it. Throughout the day, there is plenty of activity from parachutists, among others.
Ready for take-off?
After taking off from Lelystad, you set course for the IJsselmeer. You'll fly along the Houtribdijk, over Enkhuizen and via Den Helder naval base towards Texel. Once you arrive at Texel Airport, join the instructor on the terrace. There you will go through the outward flight and prepare the return flight. This takes about 30 minutes in total. You will then board the plane again and fly back to Lelystad.
This flying lesson is in a two-person aircraft. Besides the student, no other passengers can therefore fly along.
You start with an explanation of the basics of flying. The instructor answers important questions in this 'briefing'. How does a plane stay in the air? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and gauges for? Of course, you can also ask all your questions yourself. Are you coming to the flight school together with your partner, friend and/or family member? Then of course he/she can be here too. Then you will all know what you are going to experience in the air. You don't have to pay extra for this. Of course, this also applies to the passengers.
The theory part takes about 20 minutes.
After the theory, you go to the aircraft with the instructor. First you check together that the aircraft is ready for departure. Then you drive to the runway, this is called taxiing. Through the headphones, you can hear the instructor and the control tower. The instructor asks the control tower for permission to take off. And then that's it! In the air, you get to fly the plane yourself. You get to fly everything yourself except the last part of the landing. Because of the distance you will travel, this is a unique experience. Of course, the instructor will help you with everything. He takes over from you when you want to have a nice look outside. Or if you want to take photos or a video.
The total duration of the package is about 3 to 4 hours. The flight time from Lelystad to Texel is about 45 minutes there and 45 minutes back. The actual time depends, among other things, on how crowded the air is and the wind. At least an hour and a half is added for the briefing, debriefing and various preparations.
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 14 on|
|Min. height||1.45 m|
|Minimum height of the participant|
|Max. length||1.95 m|
|Maximum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||100 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|2-person aircraft||€ 495|
|Cost Flying lesson Lelystad - Texel two-seater aircraft|
- Flying will only take place when visibility is adequate and the wind is not too strong
- A maximum weight of 100 kg and a maximum length of 1.95 m apply to the two-seater aircraft.
- After arrival in Lelystad, the student receives a logbook with the first flying hours
- On the day of your lesson, call the location whether we can fly safely. You will receive the phone number with your reservation
- Depending on (weather) conditions and crowds at the airport, agreed times may be slightly delayed
- Lessons can also be given in English
- Due to high fuel prices, a fuel surcharge of € 15 (2-seater aircraft) currently applies. You can pay this at the flight school when you come to fly
- At this location, identification is required; please bring your ID card or passport. A driving licence is not sufficient at this location
- For weekends and holidays there is a surcharge of € 15 per flight. You can pay this at the flight school when you come to fly.
From Lelystad Airport (EHLE) to Texel International Airport (EHTX) and back.
Distance between these airfields is approximately 47 NM (86 km)
Also available in: