Electric flying Teuge
New and unique in the Netherlands: a flying lesson in a fully electric aircraft! Step into the sustainable future of aviation and discover how cool it is to fly electric.
Aviation is not sitting still when it comes to sustainability. Kerosene and gasoline will eventually be replaced by alternatives such as electricity and hydrogen. There is still a long way to go before these techniques can be applied in large aircraft, but you can already feel what it is like to fly an electric aircraft yourself!
Pipistrel Velis Electro
You will be flying a Pipistrel Velis Electro, an aircraft approved in the Light Sport Aircraft category (CS-LSA). The Pipistrel is an all-electric aircraft. With a full battery of 22 kWh you can fly for about 50 minutes. Of course, we keep a margin and therefore all flying lessons take a bit shorter. In Teuge, the lessons last 40 minutes. Even though electric flying is new to the general public, Pipistrel has more than 12 years of experience with electric flying and has thus built a platform where safety is guaranteed.
Your first flying lesson
You are going to make a full-fledged first flying lesson. This means that your flying hours will also count if you were to go on later for your PPL or LAPL license. If you just want to experience it and leave it at one lesson then that's totally great too. Also you do not need any experience to follow this flying lesson. It is also very nice to give and receive as a gift.
Your flying lesson will be flown from Teuge Airport. Teuge is located between Apeldoorn and Deventer. When you take off from Teuge, you immediately see the Veluwe below you. Paleis 't Loo, the Julianatoren, the Apenheul and the meandering IJssel are within reach. You can also see the most beautiful castles sliding under you. Teuge is one of the busiest airports in the Netherlands for small traffic. There is plenty to see and do. Besides motor pilots you see there also parachutists and glider pilots. At this location there is also a cozy restaurant overlooking the runway.
Each flying lesson begins with a "briefing". If it is your first flying lesson the instructor will tell you about the basics of flying. How does an airplane stay in the air? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and gauges for? Of course you can also ask all your questions. If you bring someone along to watch you take to the air, he or she can of course also attend the introduction. Then you both know what you will experience in the air. You do not have to pay extra for this.
The instructor also takes you through the program that you will fly together. So you know exactly what to expect during the flight. Do you want to fly in a certain direction? Then this is also the moment to discuss this with your instructor. The maps on this page give you an indication of how far you can fly.
After the theory you go with the instructor to the plane. First you check together if the plane is ready for departure. Then you drive to the runway, this is called taxiing. Through the headphones you can hear the instructor and the control tower. The instructor asks permission from the control tower to take off. And then the time has come! In the air you can fly the plane yourself. You get to fly everything yourself except the last part of the landing. Of course the instructor helps you with everything. He will take over if you want to look outside. Or if you want to make photos or a video.
The flight time is 40 minutes in Teuge. With the theory you are soon about 1.5 to 2 hours busy at the location. Take your time when you come to fly. You're going to have a great time at the airport and in the high-tech hangar.
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 14 on|
|Min. height||1.45 m|
|Minimum height of the participant|
|Max. length||1.95 m|
|Maximum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||90 kg|
|Maximum weight of the student, including clothes. For safety.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|40 minutes||€ 265|
|2 x 40 minutes||€ 530|
|Cost Electric flying Teuge|
- This flying lesson is with a two person aircraft. Besides the student, no passengers can fly with us.
- There will only be flown when there is sufficient visibility and if it is not too windy, if the weather is too bad we will try to call you in time
- When in doubt about the weather, please contact the location yourself before you drive our way. The number can be found in the booking confirmation
- There is no heating or air conditioning on board, so do not dress too cold in winter or too hot in summer
- There is coffee and tea available. For more extensive catering you can go to the restaurant at the airport
- The lesson can also be given in English.
out of 5
5.0 out of 5
· August 2023
- Erg leuke instructeur, fantastisch handelbaar elektrisch vliegtuig en erg goede uitleg, ook theorie. Dus een echte aanrader
- Geen idee
· June 2023
- Geweldige ervaring om elektrisch te vliegen. Heel relaxed.
Vriendelijke, enthousiaste en deskundige instructeur!
· July 2022
Proefles met electrisch vliegtuig. Kosten noch moeite worden gespaard om er een mooie ervaring van te maken. Hendrik, instructeur en enthousiasteling, dank voor mooie ochtend!
- Hendrik gaf vip ontvangst, en vliegles op maat
· June 2022
Fantastisch leuk en mooi
- Dat je puur elektrisch kan vliegen vind ik al bijzonder. Heel weinig geluid het vliegen was mooi en geweldig uitzicht
- Geen, ik ben een beetje lang (1,94) en dat paste maar net
· October 2021
A great flight with a great instructor!
- Got to do most of the flying myself
· September 2021
I enjoyed my first experience flying an electric plane.
- Nice brand new plane, well maintained facilities, friendly and knowledgeable instructor.
- The administrative side of things can be made smoother.