Drone flying lesson
With this experience we can respect the mandatory 1,5m distance between you and the instructor. The experience still takes place. Also, vouchers ordered after 1st of April 2020 are valid for 1,5 years automatically. More info about Corona
A drone is a complex and expensive machine. You probably know the videos of people who crash their brand new drone during the first flight. Of course you do not want that! This flying lesson is for everyone who:
- will purchase a drone
- wants to learn to fly with a drone
- has a bit of experience with a drone but wants to fly more confidently
- wants to learn to fly better with his own drone
- wants to fly with professional DJI equipment
This flying lesson is given in the surroundings of Amersfoort, Leiden, Almere and Purmerend. A location surcharge applies for Amersfoort and Leiden. We always fly in rural areas. We need space for the flying lessons. In addition, you do not want to attract an audience. At the bottom of this page you will find a map with the locations.
The lesson is flown with drones from DJI. You fly with a DJI Inspire 1 V2.0 or DJI Mavic pro. The drones have a 'Dual Control System'. The instructor can demonstrate maneuvers during this lesson but also take control if something is about to go wrong. The instructors have extensive experience with drones but also in 'real' aviation.
You start with an explanation about the basis of drone flying. The instructor answers the most important questions. How does a drone stay in the air? How do the controls work? What rules apply to flying with a drone? What preparations should I take? Of course you can ask all your questions yourself.
The lesson is tailored to the knowledge and experience of the student. It is of course also highly dependent on how long the lesson lasts. For example, during a lesson of up to 90 minutes the following components are coverd:
- preparing the drone for flight
- start-up and calibration
- taking off and climbing to a safe altitude
- basic maneuvers such as:
- flying straight
- making smooth turns
- descending and landing
With lessons of 45 and 60 minutes we only cover the absolute basis. For beginners we recommend lessons from 90 minutes. So that there is also time for:
- emergency situations (such as GPS or video stream failures)
- correct for the wind (with and without GPS)
- turning a curve around an object
- climb and descend with speed
- use of the camera
Do you already own a drone? Take it with you to the flying lesson! After having flown the basics with the lesson drones, the rest of the Drone flying lessons can be flown with your own drone. This is how you best refine the control of your own drone. For flying the basics with the lesson drone, and then refining your skills with your own drone, we recommend a lesson from 120 minutes.
The lessons are given 1-on-1, so the instructor has all the time for you. As a memento you get a selfie with you and the instructor, made with the drone. You choose how long the lesson lasts. The minimum is 45 minutes. But the longer, the more educational of course!
- We can also film the flying lesson for you. After the flight lesson you will receive a link by email with which you can download the images
- A surcharge applies for flying on weekends and public holidays
- A surcharge applies for flying in Amersfoort and Leiden
- During a flying lesson it is possible to change pupils, book at least 45 minutes per pupil
- We can read the booklet "Helicopter flying theory, how does a helicopter fly?" and send the gift voucher by post to you within the Netherlands. This booklet fits best with the Drone flying lesson. This way the fun can start right away! The booklet is only available in Dutch
Select the extra options when customizing the lesson.
|Persons||1 - 4|
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Season||March until november|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 8 years|
|Valid for||1.5 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Due to the Coronacrisis, our vouchers are valid for 1,5 years, which means an additional 6 months.|
|45 minutes||€ 89|
|60 minutes||€ 109|
|75 minutes||€ 129|
|90 minutes||€ 149|
|120 minutes||€ 189|
|135 minutes||€ 209|
|150 minutes||€ 229|
|180 minutes||€ 269|
|See all prices|
- Due to the Coronacrisis your voucher is valid for a longer period, which is 1.5 years. So you have plenty of time to make your appointment.
- The flying lesson is always a private lesson, there are no other participants present
- Pets are not allowed near the take-off and landing site
- Flying is not possible in poor visibility, strong wind, cold weather or rain
- Call the location the day of your flight if we can fly safely. You will receive the number with your reservation
- Of course you are also welcome to come with a group! Please request a quote for this
- This flying lesson is also available in English
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability