Cessna flying lesson Hilversum
Do you want to fly in the most famous small plane in the world? The Cessna 172 is a four-seater aircraft, so you can take two friends along too!
The flying lessons are flown from Hilversum. Hilversum Airport is a compact airport with a grass runway. All fields have a cosy restaurant at the landing strip. There is always plenty of activity and you can enjoy all kinds of aircraft that are constantly flying back and forth. This will make you look forward to your own flying lessons even more.
Flying lessons with friends
The Cessna 172 is used all over the world. It has been in production since the 1950s. And with 43,000 units, it is the best-selling plane ever. Almost every pilot has flown in one. It is also the most widely used training plane.
The plane is so popular because it flies comfortably and pleasantly. This is because of the space inside, for example. Even if you are a bit taller or heavier, you can sit well in it. The wings of the Cessna are on top. This gives you a beautiful view and you can make the most beautiful photos during the flight. Besides you and the instructor, two passengers can take part. This makes the arrangement, per person, one of the most advantageous. Who are you going to impress with your flying skills?
The Cessna is very suitable to look around from. You can decide for yourself which way you want to fly. At the bottom of this page you will find a map of the Netherlands, where you can see how far you can fly. You can even fly over your own house if you want to.
It is time!
From the flight school you have a great view of the runway. Enjoy the hustle and bustle of the airport. This will get you in the mood!
You start with an explanation of the basics of flying. The instructor will answer important questions in this 'briefing'. How does an aircraft stay in the air? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and gauges for? Of course, you can also ask any questions you may have. Are you coming to the flying school together with your partner, friend and/or family member? Then he/she is also allowed to be present. Then you all know what you will experience in the air. You do not have to pay extra for this. Of course, this also applies to the passengers.
The theory part always takes about 20 minutes, regardless of the time you choose for the practical part.
After the theory part, you will go to the aircraft with the instructor. First, you check together whether the aircraft is ready for departure. Then you drive to the runway, this is called taxiing. Through the headphones you can hear the instructor and the control tower. The instructor asks permission from the control tower to take off. And then the moment has arrived! In the air, you can fly the plane yourself. You can fly everything by yourself except for the last part of the landing. Of course, the instructor will help you with everything. He will take over if you want to look outside. Or if you want to take pictures or a video.
You choose how long the practical part takes. The minimum is 30 minutes, but the longer, the more fun!
|This experience is available in these languages.|
|Persons||1 - 3|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||From 14 on|
|Min. height||1.45 m|
|Minimum height of the participant|
|Max. length||2.00 m|
|Maximum height of the participant|
|Max. weight||240 kg|
|Maximum total weight of student and passengers, excluding the instrutor.|
|How you participate: is it a flying lesson or do you fly along.|
|Indicates whether the time periods listed are block times or flight times. Flight time is the time in the air. Block time means from engine on to engine off, thus including taxiing.|
|Valid for||2 years|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Dit geldt alleen voor nieuwe bonnen.|
|30 minutes||€ 230|
|45 minutes||€ 290|
|60 minutes||€ 345|
|Cost Cessna flying lesson Hilversum|
- The Cessna is a four-seater aircraft. In addition to the student, you can therefore take one or two passengers with you
- The prices are the total for the plane, including any passengers. You are the only ones on board
- The time chosen is the time in the plane. Allow about 40 minutes for theory, preparation and so on
- We only fly in daylight, with sufficient visibility and if the wind is not too strong
- On the day of your lesson, call the location whether we can fly safely. You will receive the phone number with your booking
- Lessons are flown between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Depending on (weather) conditions and crowds at the airport, agreed times may be delayed slightly
- Lessons can also be given in English
- Is the student younger than 14? Please contact us about the possibilities
- The maximum weight per person is 130 kg. The maximum weight for the pupil and passengers together is 240 kg.
- For gift vouchers sold before 1 August 2023, a fuel surcharge applies in Hilversum. If you buy your gift voucher now, the fuel surcharge is included in the price. The surcharge only applies to Hilversum and is €20 per flight hour. If you fly for a shorter time it is less, so for example €10 for a half-hour flight.
- The Cessna flying lesson Hilversum is available until 28 June 2024. After 28 June 2024, you can exchange the gift voucher for an experience at one of our other locations. Your gift voucher will remain valid until the validity date stated on your gift voucher.
Click on the name to see how far you can fly in:
out of 5
5.0 out of 5
· September 2023
Erg leuke ervaring, zelf voelen hoe een vliegtuig beweegt en reageert op het sturen
- Relaxte sfeer en erg aardige mensen
- Geen, was perfect
· September 2023
- Vooral de heldere en prettige begeleiding
· August 2023
Van begin tot eind geweldig goed geregeld! Madelon was een topper!
· July 2023
Het was geweldig !! Geweldige instructeur.
· June 2023
Echt een onvergetelijke ervaring!
· June 2023
Heel erg leuk, spannend (eerste vlucht), prachtige uitzichten.
- Mooie vliegtuig. Hele duidelijke uitleg. Rustige, vakkundige begeleiding tijdens de vlucht. En…mazzel…prachtige zon-overgoten dag met weinig wind!
- Eigenlijk geen. Aanvankelijk vond ik de ontvangst nogal onprofessioneel maar alles ging perfect, dus geen minpunten!