Cessna flying lesson
Always dreamt of flying in the most famous little airplane in the world? The Cessna 172 fits four people; so there's even room for two more friends besides you!
Come to Lelystad for your flying lesson. The airport here is used especially for small airplanes and has its own cosy restaurant. There's always a lot going on and you can enjoy watching all kinds of airplanes coming and going all day.
Enjoying with four people
This four-seater airplane is used all around the world. It has been in production since the fifties. With 43.000 sales it's the best sold airplane ever. Nearly every pilot has flown in this plane. It is also the most widely used plane for giving lessons.
It's no wonder that the Cessna 172 is very popular. Flying the Cessna is very comfortable and pleasant. One of the plusses is the amount of space inside. Even if you are quite tall or you have a heavy build, the seats still fit. As the wings are located at the top of the plane the view is amazing and it enables you to take beautiful pictures during the flight. The Cessna has room for four people. You and the flight instructor take two places, so you can bring along two other passengers. Therefore this experience is one of the most affordable on a per person basis. Who are you going to impress with your flying skills? The Cessna offers you great views of the land below. What about flying over the Dolfinarium? Or looking at your own street from the sky? At the bottom of this page you will find a map of the Netherlands, where you can see how far you can fly.
Are you ready to fly?
The flying school has a great view of the runway. Enjoy all the activity at the airport. That's the perfect way to get in the mood!
First of all you will hear some basic information about the principles of flying. The instructor will answer some of the most important questions, for example; how does an airplane stay in the sky? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and numerators for? Of course you can also ask the questions you might have. Are you coming to the flying school with your partner, friend and/or relative? He / she is of course also welcome to this briefing. So everyone will be informed about their experience in the sky. Of course this is free of charge for you and your companion(s).
After this theoretic introduction you will accompany the flight instructor to the airplane. First you will both check that the plane is ready to depart. Then you will drive to the runway; also known as 'taxiing'. You will hear the flight instructor and the control tower through headphones. The instructor will ask the control tower permission to depart. And then it's time to fly! Apart from the landing, you will have the controls and be flying the plane yourself! Of course the instructor will guide you with everything. He will take over when you just want to enjoy the view or if you would like to take pictures or a video.
- We can also film the flight for you. You will receive the recordings right after your lesson.
- A surcharge applies for flying on weekends and public holidays.
- With a flying lesson from 45 minutes it is possible to land halfway through the lesson. The student can then change places with one of the passengers. Then two people can fly. With a flying lesson from 60 minutes this is possible twice. Then all three people on board get a flying lesson.
- We can send a gift package with the book "Theory of flying" and gift voucher by post to you. This way the fun can start right away! The booklet is only available in Dutch.
Select the options when customizing your flying lesson.
|Persons||1 - 3|
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 8 years|
|Max. length||2.05 m|
|Above this length you won't be able to sit comfortably in the airplane.|
|Max. weight||260 kg|
|Maximum total weight of student and passengers, excluding the instrutor.|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|Free cancellation||Within 2 weeks|
They don't like the present? You may cancel the voucher in 14 days after purchasing.
See also: our return policy
|20 minutes||€ 149|
|30 minutes||€ 199|
|45 minutes||€ 249|
|60 minutes||€ 299|
|75 minutes||€ 349|
|90 minutes||€ 399|
|120 minutes||€ 499|
|See all prices|
- The Cessna is a four-person aircraft. In addition to the student, you can therefore take one or two passengers
- You do not pay extra for the passengers; the prices are the total for the aircraft. You are the only ones on board
- The chosen time is the time in the plane. Allow about 40 minutes for theory, preparation and such
- Flying is only possible with sufficient visibility and not too much wind
- Call the location the day of your flight if we can fly safely. You will receive the number with your reservation
- Depending on the (weather) conditions and how busy it is there may be some delay
- Of course you are also welcome to come with a group! Please request a quote for this
- This flying lesson is also available in English
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability
You can fly this far from :