Cessna flying lesson
Do you want to fly the most famous small airplane in the world? Come fly the Cessna 172. It fits four people; so bring two friends!
Come to Lelystad or Midden-Zeeland for your flying lesson. In terms of the number of flight movements, Lelystad is the busiest Dutch airport after Schiphol. There's always a lot going on and you can enjoy watching all kinds of airplanes coming and going all day. Lelystad Airport is now a controlled airfield, which means that there is active air traffic control. Flying from Lelystad is therefore just like from a large airport. Airport Midden-Zeeland is a bit more compact and has a grass runway. Both airfields have a nice restaurant at the runway.
Bring your friends
This four-seater airplane is used all around the world. It has been in production since the fifties. With 43.000 sales it's the best sold airplane ever. Nearly every pilot has flown in this plane. It is also the most widely used plane for flying lessons.
It's no wonder that the Cessna 172 is very popular. Flying the Cessna is very comfortable and pleasant. One of the pros is the amount of space inside. Even if you are a bit taller or bigger, you can still sit comfortably in it. As the wings are located at the top of the plane the view is amazing and it enables you to take beautiful pictures during the flight. The Cessna has room for four people. You and the flight instructor sit in the front, and two other passengers can fly along on the backseat. Therefore this experience is one of the most affordable on a per person basis. Who are you going to impress with your flying skills? The Cessna offers you great views of the land below. What about flying over the Dolfinarium? Or find your own street from the sky? At the bottom of this page you will find a map of the Netherlands, there you can see how far you can fly approximately.
Are you ready to fly?
The flying schools have great views of the runway. Enjoy all the activity at the airport. That's the perfect way to get in the mood!
You start with an explanation about the basics of flying. The instructor will answer some of the most important questions, for example; how does an airplane stay in the air? How do the pedals work? What are all the buttons and numerators for? Of course you can also ask the questions you might have. Are you coming to the flying school with your partner, friend and/or relative? They are of course also welcome to this briefing. Then you all know what you will experience in the air. You do not have to pay extra for this. Of course this also applies to the passengers.
After the briefing you will accompany the flight instructor to the airplane. First you will check that the plane is ready to depart. Then you will drive to the runway; also known as taxiing. You will hear the flight instructor and the control tower through headphones. The instructor will ask the control tower for permission to take off. And then it's time to fly! You can fly the aircraft once airborne. You can fly everything except the last part of the landing. Of course the instructor helps you when needed. He will take it over if you want to look outside. Or if you want to take some photos or a video.
You decide how long the part in the plane takes. The minimum is 20 minutes, but the longer, the more fun of course!
- We can also film the flight for you. You will receive the recordings right after your lesson.
- A surcharge applies for flying on weekends and public holidays.
- With a flying lesson from 60 minutes it is possible to land halfway through the lesson. The student can then change places with one of the passengers. Then two people can fly. With a flying lesson from 90 minutes this is possible twice. Then all three people on board get a flying lesson. For flying lessons from Lelystad Airport, changing places happens at Teuge Airport. For flying lessons from Airport Midden-Zeeland, the stopovers take place at Airport Midden-Zeeland
- We can send a gift package with the book "Theory of flying" and gift voucher by post to you. This way the fun can start right away! The booklet is only available in Dutch.
Select the options when customizing your flying lesson.
|Persons||1 - 3|
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 8 years|
|Max. length||2.05 m|
|Above this length you won't be able to sit comfortably in the airplane.|
|Max. weight||260 kg|
|Maximum total weight of student and passengers, excluding the instrutor.|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|Free cancellation||Within 2 weeks|
They don't like the present? You may cancel the voucher in 14 days after purchasing.
See also: our return policy
|20 minutes||€ 149|
|30 minutes||€ 199|
|45 minutes||€ 249|
|60 minutes||€ 299|
|75 minutes||€ 349|
|90 minutes||€ 399|
|120 minutes||€ 499|
|See all prices|
- The Cessna is a four-person aircraft. In addition to the student, you can therefore take one or two passengers
- You do not pay extra for the passengers; the prices are the total for the aircraft. You are the only ones on board
- The chosen time is the time in the plane. Allow about 40 minutes for theory, preparation and such
- Flying is only possible with sufficient visibility and not too much wind
- Call the location the day of your flight if we can fly safely. You will receive the number with your reservation
- Depending on the (weather) conditions and how busy it is there may be some delay
- Of course you are also welcome to come with a group! Please request a quote for this
- This flying lesson is also available in English
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability
You can fly this far from :