Trail lesson balloonning
Hot air ballooning is the oldest form of aviation. In 1783 the first hot air balloon sailed. The technology has not changed since that time. Of course, the material has been considerably modernized.
The powerful burners give an indescribable kick. You blow a flame of 800 degrees Celsius in a huge space. The balloon is no less than 3000 square meters. The air is heated to 100 degrees. Because hot air is lighter than cold air, the balloon floats upwards. Then let yourself be carried away by the wind. Below you is an enchanting little world. Experience that silence and enjoy!
The flying lesson begins in Joure, the ballooning capital of Friesland.
You start with a bit of theory about the principles of hot air ballooning. Because how do you control a balloon? You would think that this is not possible. A balloon floats with the wind, right? Almost correct. Did you know that the wind direction can change depending on the altitude you are flying? You can therefore steer a little by going up and down. The instructor will tell you everything about it. Of course there is every opportunity to ask questions.
After the theory you go with the instructor to the take-off location. There you help, together with the passengers, to prepare the balloon. Ballooning is a team sport. When the balloon is full of hot air you take off. In the air you have a fantastic view. You can operate the burners yourself. The instructor helps you with everything. You will also be explained a lot on the way.
You can take passengers with you during your hot air ballooning lesson. Besides the instructor there can join a total of five people in the basket. The number of students who fly is always limited to two. In this way, there is enough time for the flying lessons and learning to operate the burners.
- After the flight we send a certificate to you as a souvenir
- For a small additional charge we can film the flying lessons for you. Afterwards we send a DVD with the film and the photos to you
|Persons||1 - 3|
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Season||April until october|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 12 years|
|Valid for||1.5 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue. Due the the Corona crisis, the vouchers for this experience are longer valid: one and a half year instead of one.|
|Student, no passengers||€ 249|
|Student + 1 passenger||€ 399|
|Student + 2 passengers||€ 549|
|Private lesson||€ 649|
|See all prices|
- Due to the Coronacrisis your voucher is valid for a longer period, which is 1.5 years. So you have plenty of time to make your appointment.
- The total program takes approximately 4 hours
- Depending on the season, the start is between 3 and 7 pm
- You can only fly if there is sufficient visibility and if there is not too much wind
- Call the location on the day of your flight if we can sail safely. You will receive the number with your reservation
- This lesson can also be given in English
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability
out of 5
5.0 out of 5
· August 2017 · Joure
Overweldigend , rust , in de lucht zo stil,
Alles was goed. Goede gastheer . Je kon alles vragen .